Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
We are now hiring Highway Construction Inspectors to join our growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. As an Inspector for SAM, you will be performing construction engineering and inspection duties on highway and bridge construction projects for the Department of Transportation and local municipalities throughout Florida.
• Under the review and direction of Project Manager, perform field inspection and oversight of construction activities
• Maintain daily reports of inspection work along with detail records of project progress
• Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to read and interpret plans, specifications and applicable standards
• Review Contract documents to verify compliance with governmental regulations and conformance with project requirements
• Assist with coordinating materials sampling and testing and verifying sufficient testing has been performed
• Verify accuracy of payment requests and invoicing for completed work
• Experienced with GDOT construction inspection and procedures
• Ability to coordinate with contractors’ staff and effectively communicate with all parties
• Performs standard mathematical calculations
• Able and willing to work day or night shifts and/or flexible schedules as required to support the project requirements
• Able to travel to projects outside the Raleigh area to attend preconstruction meetings, project progress meetings, etc.
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Additional projects as assigned
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to email@example.com
SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate.
Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.