Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
We are seeking Utility Construction Engineering and Inspection (UCEI) Technician for our Georgia team. This individual will be involved with management and construction oversight associated with Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) projects throughout GDOT’s District 7 (Metro Atlanta) region, working directly with the GDOT’s District Utilities Manager. These projects include, construction management associated with maintenance, rehabilitation and reconstruction of ongoing projects for GDOT.
The ideal applicant will have an understanding of construction manuals, standards and specifications and general construction practices associated with GDOT projects. This position entails both field and office assignments along with limited travel outside the area.
• Associate's Degree in Surveying or Civil Engineering Technology OR
• High School Diploma or GED with related experience in Construction Inspection services for transportation project as described below. Direct field experience as a Contractor or materials-testing technician can substitute for Construction Inspection experience on a case-by-case basis.
• 5+ years’ experience in this field or with similar experience.
• Highly motivated and works well with minimal supervision
• Thorough knowledge of GDOT specifications and standards is preferred, but not required
• Familiarity with Site Manager Software is preferred, but not required
• Field testing certifications through GDOT and/or ACI is preferred, but not required
• Experience with Primavera and other scheduling software preferred, but not required
Desired Certifications include:
• GDOT and ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade I
• Erosion and Sediment Control Level 2
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate.
Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.