SO-DEEP, Inc. is part of the SAM family of companies that provide geospatial solutions across North America. Just as other SAM companies, our complete geospatial approach gives us the ability to develop efficient and customized solutions for projects of any scale. From rail to roadway, oil and gas to electric, civic to federal, we have a proven track record of providing high value surveying, geospatial, SUE, utility coordination, and construction phase services to a wide variety of clients.
We are seeking Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) Technicians for our Georgia team. This individual will be involved with management and construction oversight associated with projects throughout Georgia working directly with the Project Managers. These projects include, construction management associated with maintenance, rehabilitation and reconstruction of existing projects for GDOT and other local government agencies.
The ideal applicant will have an understanding of construction manuals, standards and specifications and general construction practices associated with GDOT projects. This position entails both field and office assignments along with limited travel outside the area.
In this position, you will have the ability to work from any city within Georgia.
• Under the review and direction of Project Manager, perform field inspection and oversight of construction activities
• Maintain daily reports of inspection work along with detail records of project progress
• Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to read and interpret plans, specifications and applicable standards
• Review Contract documents to verify compliance with governmental regulations and conformance with project requirements
• Assist with coordinating materials sampling and testing and verifying sufficient testing has been performed
• Verify accuracy of payment requests and invoicing for completed work
• Experienced with GDOT construction inspection and procedures
• Ability to coordinate with contractors’ staff and effectively communicate with all parties
• Performs standard mathematical calculations
• Able and willing to work day or night shifts and/or flexible schedules as required to support the project requirements
• Able to travel to projects outside the Raleigh area to attend preconstruction meetings, project progress meetings, etc.
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Additional projects as assigned
• Associate's Degree in Surveying or Civil Engineering Technology OR
• High School Diploma or GED with related experience in Construction Inspection services for transportation project as described below. Direct field experience as a Contractor or materials-testing technician can substitute for Construction Inspection experience on a case-by-case basis.
• 0-20 years’ experience in this field or with similar experience.
• Highly motivated and works well with minimal supervision
• Thorough knowledge of GDOT specifications and standards is preferred, but not required
• Familiarity with Site Manager software is preferred, but not required
• Field testing certifications through GDOT and/or ACI is preferred, but not required
• Experience with Primavera and other scheduling software preferred, but not required
Desired Certifications include:
• GDOT Aggregate Technician
• GDOT Asphalt Quality Control Technician, Level 1 & 2
• GDOT and ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade I
• GDOT Sand & Gravel Technician
• Erosion and Sediment Control Level 2
• Nuclear Gauge / Troxler
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
SO-DEEP, Inc. offers career advancement opportunities plus an excellent benefits package.
SO-DEEP, Inc. is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SO-DEEP, Inc. and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SO-DEEP, Inc. is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SO-DEEP, Inc. and SO-DEEP, Inc. chooses to hire such a candidate, SO-DEEP, Inc. has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate.
SO-DEEP, Inc. participates in the federal E-Verify Program.